Reporting to the Fire Suppression Supervisor or Technical Support Manager, the Fire Suppression Technician and Fire Suppression Supervisor are responsible for the installation and servicing of fire suppression systems as well as follow up technical and product support.
The successful candidates will install and service Fire Suppression Systems within the workshop and in the field whilst actively promoting the company and service department by demonstrating a strong customer focus and conducting business in a safe and ethical manner.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contributing to achieving revenue and profit targets
- Monitoring projects and jobs to ensure compliance with costing and time schedules including bill of materials, delivery schedules, equipment and sequences of operation
- Manage and control expenses within budgets
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Actively pursue opportunities for growth by working with sales personnel
- Comply with all aspects of the construction environment, Health and Safety Policy, procedures or systems of work which are given in the interest of providing safe workplaces and eliminating environmental harm
- Maintain a firm commitment to the quality objectives of the company and adhere to the current Australian standards
- Record, report and liaise with relevant stakeholders on the progress of all warranty claims
- Carry out repairs, maintenance and fault diagnostic work on Fire Suppression equipment as per the appropriate site policies
- Provide relevant feedback to enable maintenance planning improvements in terms of efficiency and equipment integrity
- Work towards achieving KPI's and complete all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in maintaining and reporting consumable stock levels
- Assist in training and accreditation in installation of fire suppression systems
The successful candidates will ideally have a trade or fitter qualification and exposure to field service work. These candidates will also have experience in the installation and service of Fire Equipment and Fire Suppression systems.
In addition, they will enjoy the latitude to made decisions, make decisions, work autonomously and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Trade / Fitter qualifications and mechanical background preferred
- FPA Certificate II in Asset Maintenance an advantage
- Prior Fire Equipment and Suppression System experience preferred
- Leadership or Supervisory experience desirable
- A sound understanding of the mining industry and its business processes
- A strong customer service focus and ability to build relationships within the industry
- Ability to work under pressure, take direction and work unsupervised
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Flexible to work in with customer requirements, procedures and safety policies
- Is computer literate
Our client values its employees and understands the importance of a competitive benefits package. Both the Fire Suppression Supervisor and Fire Suppression Technician roles will commence either:
- On a Full-Time temporary basis with the view to become Permanent Full-Time after 6 months, or
- A Permanent Full-Time role from commencement of the contract.
Your contributions will be rewarded with a supportive work environment, attractive hourly rate plus allowances or salary package, as well as being part of a company committed to continuous learning, development and advancement.
These roles are based in Mt Isa, Queensland with potential for a future role being based in Perth.
It's a great time to advance your career with a global leader - apply now.
All applications will be handled in strict confidence.